Saturday 4 April 2009

Private Henry Holenger Gagnon

Born on 7 October 1893 in Baskatong Bridge, Quebec - son of William Gagnon, Baskatong Bridge, Quebec - at the time of his enlistment in 1915: trade as lumberman, single, no current or previous military service, Church of England, height of 5 feet 8.75 inches, chest of 37 inches fully expanded, ruddy complexion, hazel eyes, light brown hair.

Joined the 38th Battalion, CEF, in Ottawa, Ontario, on 26 January 1915 (number 410098) - served with the 38th Battalion during its period of garrison duty in Bermuda - landed in France with the 38th Battalion on 13 August 1916 - wounded on 17 November 1916 - struck off the strength of the 38th Battalion on 7 December 1917.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was my father, would like to have a picture of him, all photos were destroyed in fire of his home, 7 months after he passed away in 1973.
At the age of 79.. Posted by his daughter.

Ken said...

Unfortunately, I do not have any images of Pte Gagnon, but I am always on the lookout for 38th photographs. If I find one, I will post it on his entry. Ken

Anonymous said...

i am his grand son and probably have picture of him
if it can help just ask and we will communicate
thank you

Ken said...

Sorry for the terrible delay. Yes, I would appreciate a photograph of Pte Gagnon. You can email me at militaryhistorian@gmail.com. Thanks, Ken