Monday 28 May 2007

Private Peter Bolyea

Born on 18 January 1900 in Oshawa, Ontario (originally wrote 1898 on his attestation form) - son of Mary Bolyea, Belleville, Ontario - attestation form notes present address in Belleville, Ontario, trade as labourer, single, no current or previous military service, height of 5 feet 7 inches, chest of 34 inches, fair complexion, blue eyes, brown hair, Roman Catholic.

Joined the 155th Canadian Infantry Battalion in Belleville, Ontario, on 2 March 1916 (number 636745) - taken on the strength of the 38th Battalion in France on 24 May 1917 - struck off the strength of the battalion as a "minor" on 17 June 1917.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello i'm wondering where you got this information ?? The reason im asking is im doing a lot of geneolgy research and my great great grandfathers name is Peter Bolyea. I'm not sure of his mothers name but i know his Daughters name Is Louise Mary Bolyea ( Richards) She is my grandfathers mother. I'm having quite a hard time finding anything on my grandfathers side of the family if you beleive this to be the right person. WE are all from belleville as well so im hoping i found something :) if you have any other information at all could you please e mail me hollyrichards87@hotmail.com thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

Hello i was wondering if you could send me an e mail im pretty sure peter bolyea is my great great grandfather

Anonymous said...

hello could you send me an e mail im pretty sure my great great grandfather is peter bolyea.
hollyrichards87@hotmail.com