Sunday 19 October 2008

Private Gordon Dufoe

Born on 10 October 1897 in Mattawa, Ontario - son of Oliver Dufoe, Mattawa, Ontario - at the time of his enlistment in 1916: present address in Mattawa, Ontario, trade as timber estimator, single, no current or previous military service, Roman Catholic, height of 5 feet 7 inches, chest of 36 inches fully expanded, weight of 130 pounds, fair complexion, blue eyes, black hair.

Joined the 130th Battalion, CEF, in Mattawa, Ontario, on 17 May 1916 (number 789229) - taken on the strength of the 38th Battalion, CEF, on 14 or 15 November 1916 - wounded on 24 or 28 February 1917 - rejoined the 38th Battalion on 4 May 1917 - transferred to the 4th Divisional Employment Company on 22 February 1918.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to stumble on this. Gordon was my great uncle. A veteran, a well known artist, a lover of all things nature.

melissabai@hotmail.com

Ken said...

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your comment.

Ken

Anonymous said...

I think this is my great grandfather... somehow i don't know my mother or father... makes me proud... makes me wonder about relatives that i may have that ive never met... My grandmother was Mary Dufoe... Thankyou for this!!!!

Melissa said...

REgarding the post by anonymous, please contact me anytime at melissabai@hotmail.com
Mary Dufoe was my grandmother. Gordon was my great uncle.
Sounds like we are related, and not distantly at all! i stumbled across a post from you on a geneology site earlier tonight posting much the same info and seems you are hoping to find out more about your family. Feel free to ask away :)

Christine Carr Designs said...

hi he was my great uncle and i met him in the 60 i guess with my father herb carr i have one of his paintings

Christine Carr Designs said...

Gordon was my great uncle i have one of his paintings and his background goes back to alexander simpson george simpson hudson bay company also ifound out they use to guide for group of seven at times

christine said...

gordon was my uncle

Ryan Marshall said...

Gordon Dufoe is my great great grandfather. I'm currently 15 and he died before I was born

Ryan Marshall said...

Gordon is my great great grandfather. I'm 15 and he died before he was born but I hear about him from my great grandmother, stella

Anonymous said...

He was my grandfather

Kevin McIsaac said...

He was my grandfather

Unknown said...

He's my great grandfather too Ernie's my grampa quite an interesting man