Saturday 15 December 2007

Private Earle Cotey

Born on 21 January 1894 in Lindsay, Ontario - husband of Mrs. Florence Cotey, Lindsay, Ontario (later remarried as Boisseau, Chicago, Illinois - son of John B. Cotey - at time of enlistment in 1915: trade as teamster, married, no current military service, previously served two years with the 45th Victoria Regiment, Church of England, height of 5 feet 3 inches, chest of 35.5 inches fully expanded, fair complexion, brown eyes, black hair.

Joined the 109th Battalion, CEF, in Lindsay, Ontario, on 20 May 1915 (number 454608) - taken on the strength of the 38th Battalion, CEF, on 4 or 6 December 1916 - wounded on 1 March 1917 and died of those wounds the next day - buried in Villers Station Cemetery (grave VI.D.2), France.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so thrilled to find this information, this is my great grandfather

Anonymous said...

Earle was my Grandfather's Uncle or Cousin. I have a picture of the headstone from the Villers au Bois Cemetary when my wife and I visited in 2005.

Tim Cotey